OVERVIEW OF THE COURSE
1. Can I see a progression in my skills, techniques of machine embroidery and design expertise? Pick three effects I am pleased with.
Yes, I can of course. The three effects I am pleased with are as follows:
2. Have your initial expectations been fulfilled?
Yes they have. I can now look at a piece of textile art and not necessarily wonder "How on earth was it done?" and "Where on earth would you start?" I now have a wealth of knowledge to fall back on, and my self-confidence and confidence in my work has increased tremendously.
3. Choose the best three samples.
The 'dimwoods' sample above - I think the layers and textures contrast very well.
Shadow work above - the delicacy of the shadows and the stitching is good - very much less is more.
The final assessment piece above is a good accumulation of the many skills I have acquired.
4. Choose the 3 pieces you were not happy with.
I think all three are fairly boring, both in design, colour and texture. The middle one could be improved with a different background. They are all very flat.
5. Choose 3 samples you think showed a great improvement in your skills of machine stitching.

No comments:
Post a Comment