Then I read how to make them. I realised that they have to be made as right-angled triangles, and that all the ideas and photos I had were of much more acute angles. So it was back to the drawing board.
This is my first attempt at prairie points (sample 1 and 2)
As they were quite bulky I decided to try with a coloured lighter fabric. I looked in my holiday photos for inspiration:
I love the profusion of colours and images of Asian markets -
Then it was time to start work on my first Resolved Sample of the Course.
Every morning I take my dog through our churchyard on the way for our walk. It is peaceful at most times of the day, but particularly so first thing. The morning sunlight, at this time of the year so low in the sky, shows up the muted colours of the stonework and it is amazing what colours are there - pinks and oranges and all shades of cream and grey. I decided to use the arches and the door of our church as an idea for my resolved sample.
The following pages show my thoughts and workings, and I hope are self-explanatory.
Below I have added the photographs I have taken of the resolved sample as they may be better quality than the scanned pages.
Well that's all, I hope, for Chapter 6.



















No comments:
Post a Comment